- Article 60 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 provides for the principles of land policy.
- More specifically it provides that land in Kenya shall be held, used and managed in a manner that is equitable, efficient, productive and sustainable.
- These principles include
- equitable access to land;
- security of land rights;
- sustainable and productive management of land resources;
- transparent and cost effective administration of land;
- sound conservation and protection of ecologically sensitive areas;
- elimination of gender discrimination in law, customs and practices related to land and property in land; and
- encouragement of communities to settle land disputes through recognised local community initiatives consistent with this Constitution.
Robert Muoka – Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
Should you have any questions regarding the information in this article, please do not hesitate to contact us.